Monday, June 22, 2015

BIRTHDAY Weekend Wrap-Up


Y'all sick of my birthday posts yet? I know, I know. Last one. Because okay, I'm a bit exhausted. Prolonging one's birthday celebration takes lots of energy. I have had SUCH a fun-filled and exciting weekend....but I seriously feel like I could sleep for days.

(takes large sip of coffee) Let's recap. 

Thursday night my sweet girl Melissa drove up from Houston for the weekend! She, Kelsey and I went and painted the town red. Mind you, I haven't painted the town anything in what seems like forever, so this is probably why I am so worn out. These girls are pros. Katy is grandma. 


Then Friday after work, Missy and I went to West Village to get our shop on (bought another hat!) and redeem my birthday discount at Kendra Scott. Fun fact: during your birthday month you can get one KS item 50% off. How cool is that?! Just show your ID and bam. Money in your pocket. ...sorta. :)

Love this girl!

On Friday night my girl Lane flew in from New Mexico (don't I have the sweetest friends ever!?) and we all went to Times Ten Cellar. If you like vino and more of a calm, relaxed atmosphere (hey fellow grandmas...) - you have to go here. They have tastings, couches, appetizers, and best of all - you can BYOF (bring your own food). Or you can do what we did and have a pizza delivered.



Saturday morning was BIRTHDAY BRUNCH!!! At Company Cafe, of course. Man. I'm still smiling at the thought of this brunch. There's just something about the majority of your people all hanging out in one place. This girl felt mighty blessed and special.


And for my birthday I requested that I have my picture taken with each individual. Please note the middle picture. Brooklyn wasn't smiling so I had to adapt. Ah, aunt life.



Brookie was super excited to hang out with all the big girls....and then about half an hour in she was over it. I think big girl brunches have far too much talking and far too little play-doh and stickers...

 
 
You know what I also loved about brunch? Babies. There was a 4-month old and an almost-three year old at my birthday brunch. And they just provided so much entertainment.

I think 27 is going to be okay, y'all. 


Plus we got to watch Brooklyn prepare to be a big sister. Watching her gently care for Huck was just too precious!


Saturday night, Jeff and I drove to Fort Worth to be a couple of first-timers at "Concerts in the Garden." And let me tell you this - that will not be our last time. We went with our friends Toby and Chanel, and I will fully give the props to Chanel because this girl was p.r.e.p.a.r.e.d. 



We set up our blankets, unloaded our goods, and just hung out in the Botanic Gardens while the FW Symphony played a tribute to the Eagles. Seriously one of the highlights of the summer for me. Good food, good company, good entertainment, and (surprisingly) good weather! 


Oh and we had light up glow things. You can't have a bad night when light up glow things are involved. 


Wrap the concert up with some fireworks and you have yourself a pretty perfect summer evening. Minus the tree. If we could have just removed that tree....

 
And that was the birthday weekend wrap-up! Yesterday was a simple Sunday of church, work-outs (that was rough), good eating, and loving on my dad. And just like that, we're back to Monday. 

Make it a good one, folks!

Until next time,
Katy


0 comments:

Post a Comment